Transport roundtable meeting in Zilina
Žilina, 4th May 2012
The roundtable meeting with the topic „Possibilities of increasing efficiency and reduction in energy intensity of transport“ took place on the 20th April 2012. This meeting was held within the project SusTrans - Cooperation for sustainable transport strategy in the Visegrad region that is cofinanced by the International Visegrad Fund. The meeting was attended by representatives of the most important organizations in the field of energy intensity of transport.
(This article can be downloaded in original language from the left side bar menu in pdf.)
The meeting was organized to inform the public of Slovak experts about the activities of the University of Žilina in the development of a sustainable transport strategy. This strategy is focused on increasing efficiency and reduction in energy intensity of transport.
At the meeting the following were presented:
- The SusTrans project and its importance of reduction in energy intensity and increasing efficiency of transport in the Visegrad region
- The results of the analysis of the strategic documents for transport of Slovakia in relation to energy intensity and efficiency
- The benefits of increasing efficiency and the reduction in energy intensity of transport
Consequently the following topics were discussed:
- Barriers and gaps that hinder the designing or implementation of measures to increase transport efficiency at the political level
- Types of measures that can be useful for the increasing of transport energy efficiency that the “stakeholders” currently hold
- Identification of cooperation possibilities/ realization of common projects/actions/sources.
The result of the meeting was the establishment of cooperation with more participants of the event and the collection of a wide range of inspirational comments and draft measures for improvement.
We thank all participants for their support and helpful cooperation.
prof. Ing. Jozef.Gnap, PhD., University of Žilina, Jozef.Gnap@fpedas.uniza.sk
Ing. Miroslava Mikušová, PhD., University of Žilina, email@example.com